We go to the polls in just eight days. I’m on the road today, dodging politicians. They all want a piece of my wallet.
Let’s take a look at where we are now, thanks to the crowd in Washington, in Montpelier, in Sacramento, in Tallahassee, and in a capitol near you:
• I’ve been talking to people in the grocery aisles. “I hate my cow-orkers,” one woman said. “I still couldn’t refinance my mortgage.” “We wanted to go to Hilton Head this year but we couldn’t afford the gas.” People are more negative than ever.
• The Financial Times’ has this depressing air travel story: “Once upon a time, flying was fun. Most of you won’t remember.”
• From trust in airlines to trust in cable companies to trust in food producers to trust in government, doing business isn’t fun anymore. That’s not a political issue but it does contribute to the overall negative vibe. OK, trust in government is political. You know what to do.
• California’s doctor networks will stay limited in 2015. Health Net is dumping its PPO network there and switching to a plan with 54% fewer doctors and no out-of-network coverage. Health Net said its cutbacks were necessary to avoid even steeper rate hikes in California. Obamacare where “if we like our doc, we can keep our doc!”
• Dropped or delayed or pooch-screwed coverage for about 30,000 Californians! The LA Times reported that Californians face enrollment delays, dropped coverage and more, thanks to the Unaffordable Care Act. “If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance!”
• In the People’s Republic of Vermont, another seriously blue state with a broken Health Exchange built by the same company the Feds used, premiums went up and coverage went down. Costs will go down, right?
• Staying in the People’s Republic of Vermont, the state’s largest employer (that would be state government) told workers that their health insurance premiums will rise 17.9% in 2015.
• News from the Veterans Administration to the CDC is of people dying, not people thriving while the agencies from Texas to Arizona “follow protocols.” Government care makes us healthier, right?
• 46.5 million people now live in poverty up, up from when Mr. Bush was president, despite 6 years of “doing better.” Obamapologists keep trying to show how much better we treat our poor. Or to blame Mr. Bush.
• The national debt of $17.76 trillion is up more than a trillion dollars every year this Administration has remained in office, despite 6 years of “doing better.” Obamapologists keep trying to spin that into a smaller number. Or to blame Mr. Bush.
• Median household income fell again, down from when Mr. Bush was president despite 6 years of “doing better,” despite 6 years of inflation. Obamapologists can’t spin that.
• Premium increases for Obamacare policies and Medicare Part B won’t be released until after the election. Obamapologists can’t spin that, either.
• A man who posed as a congressman was allowed backstage at when Mr. Obama appeared at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation awards dinner, making us wonder, Who would fake being a congressman?
• Mr. Obama has doubled the number of Border Patrol agents and says “border security is stronger than it has ever been” making us wonder, How do so many millions of illegal aliens get in?
• D.C. Spirit killed his daughter, her six children, and then himself. They had had repeated interactions with the Florida Department of Children and Families. In Hardwick, Vermont, Isaac Robitille was 5 when he got a puppy from Make-A-Wish. The Vermont Department of Children and Families confirms that they’ve tracked Isaac’s problems at least seven years. The state removed Isaac from home in 2007 but a DCF expert sent him back in 2008. They “handled” a new complaint in May. His mom and her boyfriend are charged with his murder. Police say they put vodka in Isaac’s IV. Doesn’t that make you wonder?
Every politician in office today ran on a platform of change. Every politician running for re-election is running on a promise that they “know how to fix it.”
If they know how, why didn’t they?
Tell me again why you want to re-elect any of the liars who brought you to this?
I believe the philosophy goes like this: “Better the devil you know, than the knave you don’t.”
I understand that. After all, the Russians voted to put the hardliners back in after the USSR broke up and “reformed.”
Still, we need to dump the pols, the aides-to-the-pols, the aides-to-the-aides-to-the-pols, the aides-to-the-aides-to-the-pols’ aides, the House and Senate rules, and a big chunk of the Civil Service that implements all of that.
I voted “early” today. It took me two minutes, and I could have done it last month, but then, it was “too early”. A poll worker helped me, and I voted against everyone with a name.
The world has gone crazy–as Jesus is quoted in prophecy. See, there’s this book that has a bunch of stuff in it that He said, that nobody believes because it’s too far-fetched and doesn’t make sense.
Far fetched like: Liberals love Obama because he’s just like them. I dislike him for the same reason. Does that make sense?
Consider: my Sister-in-law is a liberal democrat. She hates guns but keeps one under her bed for protection. She lost her retirement because she did not take her money out of the 401-k according to the rules. She blames GOP capitalists even though Bill Clinton was POTUS at the time. Go figger.
Yeah, she hasn’t worked since Bill Clinton. The world has gone crazy.
I wish I could think of the name of that book with all that Jesus stuff in it.